Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good Old Games

http://www.gog.com/

If you have played games for any length of time you probably have an old favorite stuck in the back of your mind. When someone asks you "favorite MMO" or "favorite strategy" you immediately go back in time.

Do you have a favorite old game that you wish you could play again? How many games have you played and never finished? I know I can think of a few... Unreal 2, Myst, Syberia 2, Thief, Hitman, oh and remember the Kings Quest series? Wow I played Kings Quest 1-7 and I'm not sure that I ever finished a single one of them.

Have you ever wished you could find those games to play through again? Well guess what now you can. Good Old Games is going to bat for us gamers and asking the producers to remove the copy protection from older games. They are then posting these games for download for a small fee (some are free!). No more trying to remember where you put the CD Key.  No more leaving the disc in the drive for three weeks straight. Simply install, on multiple computers if needed, and play.

image

I had always bought the latest games as they came out but finally had to stop. I simply couldn't afford to buy THREE copies of a game just so my boys and I could play together. Some games would require unique CD Keys, others would require the CD stay in the drive. So we would wait on the games to hit the bargain bin because we needed three copies. I remember waiting for the price to come down on both Age of Empires II and Stronghold 2. Any game from www.gog.com will not have that problem!

But wait there's more... image

Just for signing up you receive these 7 free games!

AND all older games are remastered and guaranteed to run on the latest Windows versions.

And that's not all....

Most of the games come with additional content that was not included when the game released. Content like bonus soundtracks, guides and manuals, maps, game related avatars and wallpapers, and developer interviews and artwork.

Now if only I can get them to include Sea Rogue from Microplay (1992) I used to play that on our 286 for hours on end. Come on www.gog.com Sea Rogue Sea Rogue Sea Rogue Sea Rogue Sea Rogue Sea Rogue Sea Rogue Sea Rogue .....

No comments:

Post a Comment